Episode 19 | Hags
*Please note that this episode lightly mentions child cannibalism and may not be suitable for children 13 and under.
Did you know that being called a Hag was at one point in history a compliment? Join me in my deep dive into the history of the hag, which in essence, is the history of women and the ancient Gods themselves. From Cailleach to Baba Yaga, what is it about these women that defies stereotype?
- Follow me on Instagram at instagram.com/strangeoriginspodcast/
- If you love supporting things, why not become a co-producer? Visit https://www.patreon.com/StrangeOrigins to become a patron of Strange Origins. You can donate any amount, from $3 up, and each tier comes with different benefits.
- Like Merch? Check out my shop at http://tee.pub/lic/StrangeOrigins to find T-shirts, Hoodies, Phone Cases, Mugs, and more!
- Thank you to Anchor.fm for allowing me the ability to publish my podcasts for free.
- If you would like access to the online sources of this piece, please visit my Google Docs transcript at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cxZHWGFhziQiAJZfkLVwnRpXVVxWGGLjTl3jdQbT1AQ/edit?usp=sharing
- Intro Music was produced by me, with the help of SoundTrap.com.
- Background Music: ♩♫ Sad Piano Music ♪♬ – Solstice (Copyright and Royalty Free)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yRIt5yS36s / This track is licensed under a ‘Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License’. You can find the link to that license here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/… (If you can please go donate to him, he is a wonderful composer).