The Mothman Legacy, Brown Mountain Lights Area UAP sightings and Big Cats in Western NC!
The Mothman Legacy, Brown Mountain Lights Area UAP sightings, and Big Cats in Western NC!
CreepGeeks Podcast Episode 196
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at http://www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek -Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle, or mp3 player.
Thank you to our Patreon Supporters: Dav, Adam, James, Bobby, John, and John!
Want to Support the podcast? Join us on Patreon! https://patreon.com/creepgeeks
What is the CreepGeeks Paranormal and Weird News Podcast? CreepGeeks Podcast is an off-beat news podcast that takes a light-hearted approach to the paranormal, cryptid, strange, the silly, and trending tech topics circulating the web. Broadcasting paranormal news and fun stories from our underground bunker in the mountains of Western North Carolina.
Hey Everyone! You can call the show and leave us a message!
Use Amazon Prime Free Trial!
Did you know YOU can support the CreepGeeks Podcast with little to no effort!
Won’t cost you anything!
When you shop on Amazon.com use our affiliate link and we get a small percentage!
It doesn’t change your price at all. It helps us to keep the coffee flowing and gas in the Albino Rhino!
CreepGeeks Podcast is an Amazon Affiliate
We’ve got Bigfoot Coffee! Support the Show: https://creepgeekspodcast.square.site/s/shop
Website- http://www.creepgeeks.com Hey everyone! Help us out! Rate us on iTunes!
- “The Mothman Legacy” by Small Town Monsters: https://amzn.to/2HvoJvA
- While many believe the Mothman sightings were based around the 1960s, this documentary explores the continued phenomena in the region and its lasting legacy on both family and town.
- The documentary features the Wamsley family and highlights Jeff Wamsleys continued efforts to explore/investigate the Mothman incident.
- There are folklorists and researchers, and experiencers sharing Mothman incidents and details that aren’t commonly known in the paranormal community.
- While it’s a deep-dive into Mothman, the documentary doesn’t regurgitate pop culture or commonplace information that can be looked up with a basic internet search. There are folklorists and researchers, and experiencers sharing Mothman incidents and details that aren’t commonly known in the paranormal community.
- “Legacy” -Not only is Jeff Wamsley’s life experience featured, but the documentary has witnesses/experiencers that had a “familial” link to their experience (mention Ron Lanham’s experience).
- Increase in strange lights seen in the skies in WNC.
- Report from John:
- We went to the Brown Mountain Lights overlook at mile marker 20 Saturday night. We did not see the lights, but were fascinated with how bright the stars were! We did see an object in the sky flashing red white that made a sharp turn and moved very quickly. I expect it was a jet, but who knows? 🙂 It was moving at a normal speed at first. It actually reversed course in a hairpin type turn, then rapidly crossed the sky about five times faster than other planes with that bright of lights. The reason I thought it was a jet was because of the trailing jet sound. It started almost over Brown mountain heading to the right (SSW) and then after approaching another jet moving in the opposite direction, it doubled back, speeded up significantly, and flew off to our left (NNW). For a few moments I thought it might be a drone moving that fast, but then I heard the trailing jet engine sound. A couple more notes. I believe it took less than 15 secs to reach the horizon, starting from above us. Also, the trailing jet-like sound was faint, in fact, Stephanie did not even hear it. That is another confusing point. To be a jet moving that fast might indicate it was a low flying jet, but the jet engine sound was so faint and trailing so far behind, it had to have been very high, similar in altitude to normal jet traffic. However, the red and white blinking lights were further apart on the object then I would have expected to observe on a jet that high. Maybe it was very high, very fast, and rather large also.
- 2nd Report from Heather:
- We were camping off highway 80 about 10 miles north of the Blue Ridge parkway turn to go to Mount Mitchell. We saw an odd plane late in the evening. I think it was the military. It was triangular, silver, with white and red lights. We heard a sound, like a sonic sound that was behind it. It was really odd. Then, when we all woke up in the morning, there were fighter jets flying and circling overhead. The silver triangular thing was large like a plane but flat and a weird bright light configuration in the front. The sound came from way behind it.
- Big Cats in WNC? Biologists and Wildlife experts say “no” however, in the past three years there have been multiple sightings. We recently received a report of one locally.
- People saying there’s no big cats: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article228080404.html#:~:text=%E2%80%9CThere%20are%20no%20known%20cougars,have%20been%20misidentified%20as%20cougars.%E2%80%9D
- The area this sighting occurred is in McDowell County, NC which are the NC “foothills” of the Blue Ridge.
- The report includes howls, freaked out dogs in the small neighborhoods, and an alleged picture on a trail cam. We’re waiting on permission to share the trail cam photo, but it’s definitely compelling.
- Spooky Season Binge-Watch:
- The Mothman of Point Pleasant: https://amzn.to/2TrpDvI
- The Mothman Prophecies: https://amzn.to/3dUBs7j
- Native Bigfoot: https://amzn.to/3kxxK5V
Audible is audio entertainment that entertains, educates, and inspires. For you, the listeners of [CreepGeeksPodcast], Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek
Again, that’s http://www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek for your free audiobook.
- Beyond the Fray- Paramalgamation Shannon LeGro and G. Michael Hopf-
- Hunt for the SkinWalker- George Knapp and Colm Kelleher- https://amzn.to/2QDkejV
- The Dover Demon, Hunter Shea. https://amzn.to/2R7NGi1
- Monsters Among Us: An Exploration of Otherworldly Bigfoots, Wolfmen, Portals, Phantoms, and Odd Phenomena https://amzn.to/2Yn7L8K
Enjoy this with your free trial: “Through the Brown Mountain Lights” by Christy Tillery French https://amzn.to/2MfRZZh
This Patron supported episode is brought to you by Dav, Adam, James, Bobby, John, and John!
We really appreciate their Patronage!
What to watch:
- Currently Free for Amazon Prime
Seth Breedlove Small Town Monsters https://amzn.to/2yemd8x
- On the trail of UFO’s https://amzn.to/2Uj5Hwu
- Native Bigfoot: https://amzn.to/3a5TCzp
Lyle Blackburn: Sinister Swamp: https://amzn.to/3g0Va0A
Stanton Friedman- Crash at Corona: The U.S. Military Retrieval and Cover-Up of a UFO https://amzn.to/38GkCqd
Shannon Legro -Beyond the Fray: Bigfoot: https://amzn.to/395obok
Ramdas – The One Eyed Turtle by Robert Goerman: https://amzn.to/2DY5civ
John A. Keel: The Man, The Myths, and the Ongoing Mysteries: https://amzn.to/2LHbd7X
Brown Mountain Lights: History, Human Nature, and Science Explain an Appalachian Mystery https://amzn.to/2TJ2oyR
Get Something From Amazon Prime!
Cool Stuff on Amazon -Squatch Metalworks Microsquatch Keychain: https://amzn.to/2Mzc7Ek
Need to Contact Us?
Attn Greg or Omi
Want to comment about the show?
Join Us Next Time!