In this episode, Mike tells us about the strange story of Polybius, a videogame reported to be an experiment in mind control. Players experienced effects like hallucinations, memory loss, nausea and seizures. But who made it, and why?
We also talk about how the world wide web is like someone posting you a jigsaw, crows that honk like cars, and teenagers creating hums to deter boomers.
Here’s a rundown of the episode:
01:08 – Hello!
02:05 – Presented Piece: Polybius Ultra
16:32 – Discussion
1:03:04 – Thanks & Where You Can Find Us
1:06:18: Fun Fact – Jealousy and Envy
1:08:05 – Bye!
Total Runtime: 1:08:48
No promo this episode.
We’re looking for new promo partners!
Got a podcast? Think your listeners would like our show? Think our listeners might like yours?
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in doing a promo swap.
We’re also on Audrey.io – https://app.audry.io/publisher/discover/1515122258
- Website – Sign up for email alerts, view the gallery, and other cool stuff.
- Instagram – Where we hang out the most.
- Facebook – We have a page and a group – come talk to us!
- Twitter – Mike sends all our tweets – blame him!
- OurRedbubblepage, where you can find all of our designs and illustrations on loads of products.
- Our Patreon page, if you’d like to support the show. We’re starting with 2 tiers: £1 a month, to support the show, which is about $1.37, where we will thank you personally on the show – and £3 a month, which is about $4.10, that will enable you to listen to minisodes, outtakes, timelapse art videos and other bonus content.