A Note Of Warning: The topic I discuss this week may not be suitable for listeners under the age of 13. Do you know who holds the keys to the underworld in Greek Mythology? Do you know which Loa from Haitian Voodoo keeps zombies from rising from the grave? Do you know how many people have died from war just in the last century? This week I dive into all of the different characters that reap our souls and transport them to the afterlife, and whether or not they are really the bad guys we vilify them as.
*Also, go check out my Instagram page at StrangeOriginsPodcast for more examples of art depicting personifications of Death.
*If you don’t already know, I wanted to let you guys know that I have another podcast up and running. It premieres every other week exclusively on my Patreon. It’s only $2 a week for access to American Mythos, along with some more of my ramblings, weekly updates, and polls. You’ll also get a cool thank you note and Strange Origins sticker. So if you can’t get enough of the weird and creepy, and especially if you love cryptids, go listen to American Mythos at Patreon.com/FascinatingProductions!
- For more info on me and my podcasts please visit FascinatingPodcasts.com. There you can listen to all my episodes, find merch, leave reviews, and read my other published works.
- Do you have a strange story to tell? Email me at StrangeOriginsPodcast@gmail.com.
- Visit Patreon.com/FascinatingProductions to become a patron! You can donate any amount, from $2 up, and each tier comes with fantastic benefits including handwritten notes, stickers, merch, and exclusive podcast episodes!
- Follow me on Instagram at instagram.com/strangeoriginspodcast/ and DM me your strange experiences!
- THANK YOU to ParanormalityRadio.com for allowing me to be a part of your network and supporting me in my journey. Check them out on IG @ParanormalPodcasts.
- If you would like access to the online sources of this piece, please email me for a link.
- Intro Music was produced by me, with the help of SoundTrap.com.
- Background Music: Altostratus – Franz Gordon If anyone would like access to the original project I completed for my Senior Seminar on the Personification of Death (including more examples of poetry and art) follow the link below: HUM Senior Seminar Final Project